Friday, June 4, 2010

Our wonderful host here in Moldova :)

So by now if you are following my blog you have seen the Raatz family in some pictures and you might have seen some of our other wonderful host. In this post I will list some incredible people that have shown us extreme kindness and generosity throughout our stay here in Moldova :)

The Bucks : Wesley and Donna

We have been staying the past few weeks at the apartment of Wesley and Donna Buck. They are now back in America trying to raise funds to come back to Moldova to do ministry for the following year. Donna is the Raatz school teacher and in the fall she will be teaching the Raatz and a few more students. Wesley is a children's pastor and currently goes into the Moldovan schools and does ministry as well as outreaches to the villages. Please support this awesome couple through prayer and monetary gifts :) They are an awesome God loving couple who have brough much joy to the children of chisinua.



The Raatz Family : Andy, Nancy, Elissa, Natalie, Lauren, Brita , Gracie :)




Words cannot begin to describe how thankful we (Courtney and I ) are for the love and kindness shown to us by the Raatz family. They have literally taken us into thier home and shown us the true love of Christ.

Andy and Nancy are the country corrdinators for Moldova which means they do a lot !!! But yet they some how manage to always find the time to sit and talk to us , cook for us or just love on us ! They are an amazing couple who love to disciple up and coming leaders whether they are Moldovan or American ! I could not think of a better example of showing God's love through hospitality. They have truely opened their home to us with barely knowing us and let us be a part of thier lives.

The Raatz have three wonderful daughters : Elissa 14 , Natalie 10 and Lauren 8 . They very much remind me of my family. Elissa definitely acts like my sister Margaret, Natalie acts like Emily and Lauren reminds me of myself for sure ! I love all of the girls so much :) They are all so sweet and loving they too have really gone out of their way to get to know us and it has really helped us feel at home. I hope to teach Natalie and Lauren some swimming skills later this summer.

Last but not least are the dogs Gracie and Brita. Gracie is an adorable little schnuazer who I believe I already mentioned but she is worth mentioning again. She loves me and loves to cuddle whenever we go over to the Raatz house which is often she follows us around and loves to jump in the seat with you :) Brita is a beautiful german shephard she is incredibly gentle even though she is quite large and powerful she is not intimidating at all she is a lover but I know if the Raatz house was ever compromised she would scare away the intruder.







No comments:

Post a Comment